Everything you need to know about CNC Cutting
CNC cutting is a sheet metal manufacturing process carried out by computer-controlled machinery such as punch presses and laser cutters. This machinery is programmed using software to move the tools and generate the patterns required for the manufacturing process.
At Metaltech Engineering we provide a CNC cutting service using our Trumpf laser machine and our three Trumpf punching machines. They can cut steel sheets of up to 3050mm long and 1500mm wide with thicknesses up to 20mm. Here are some advantages of using this type of CNC machinery:
- Speed – Our Trumpf machines are ideal for producing high volumes of products and are capable of up to 500 punch strokes per minute, with automatic tool changing.
- Accuracy – All our CNC punch presses are extremely fast and accurate. Our laser machine is generally used for the most complex and precise manufacturing and can handle cutting thicknesses of up to 20mm.
- Efficiency – Using the most up-to-date programming software allows us to nest sheet metal parts in such a way that it reduces waste which in turn reduces the part cost for our customers.
- Flexibility – Utilizing both CNC punch and laser cutting machinery offers the ability to cut sheet metal into virtually any shape to obtain complex designs.
- Safety – Using the most up-to-date CNC cutting machinery such as automatic loading ensures minimal human interaction allowing this process to be completed as safely as possible.
See below link for more information about our manufacturing capabilities.